Sprint5Blog(495)

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Alchemic Crafter has gone well. I’m very happy with the amount of work I am being given and I’m also happy with the outcome of my models for our game. As of right now, I have 1 card in progress and 4 left over in assigned but not moved. For the cards that I have left over consist of setting up particle effects and just setting up Lod’s along with the colliders on the objects. I would say the amount of work that I have completed for the last 5 sprints have been fairly consistent, which if I’m not mistaken is about 20-25 cards a sprint. Anyways I will go ahead and dive into sprint 5 and what I completed and didn’t complete.

The first model, that I completed was a water fountain which will serve as an outdoor decoration for the player. For the look of this, I wanted it to catch the players attention a little, so I added some ruin type of designs on the fountain, and I plan to also have some water effect either using the particle effect or the shader graph in unity. Overall, I’m happy with the outcome of the water fountain. 



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    


                           



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 




The next model that I completed was fireplace which I believe will be a decoration in the main home area inside the house. I didn’t do nothing too extreme, but I still managed to make it look nice with the poly count I was given. When it comes to the fire effect, I do have some experience making fire in unity, so I just had to get a refresher on how to make it again, but it was pretty simple and nice to do again.




















The next thing I modeled was actually a cluster of stepping stones, which I will dive into detail for each. The first stepping stone that I made was a set of round looking rocks, and not just circle rocks but rocks that have a shape to them. For these, I just made a set of 4 different shape rocks, and I think the outcome of these rocks looked fine. When it came to texturing, I was asked to give them a marble look which thankfully, substance painter had a great marble texture.

The next stepping stone set I made was rectangle shaped stepping stones which was no problem to model considering it was a rectangle shape. For the texture on this, I was asked to give it a glow type of look on the stepping stone. One thing I’m worried about is if it will look too bright with the post processing applied.

The last set of stepping stones I made was square stepping stones. Same as the round stones, I made 4 different ones to have a variety of colors. However, for these stepping stones, I was told to make stepping stones with Runes and without runes which was no problem at all to make.


One thing I’m still stuck on is creating one of the shadowy projectile particle effects, which is giving me some trouble because I’m trying to give it that look of the reference I was given.

Some of the last cards that I have left in assigned were just cards to of course create a shadowy particle system but to also create a particle system for the water fountain or even use the shader graph which I will probably end up using. 

Overall, I want to end these last couple sprints strong and put in my full effort so we can put out a great looking and fun game.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495