Sprint4Blog (495)

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Alchemic Crafter has gone great in terms of the amount of work being done compared to previous sprints. It did feel a bit slower due to the small break, but I was able to catch up a bit on work and get almost everything done. As of now I’m in a decent spot with 1 card in progress and 4 left in Assigned. For the cards that I have left over, they are just setting up LODs and just one more shadowy particle effect which was a bit tricky for me, but I’m going to try my best to make it look good.

So, diving into sprint 4 I was assigned with a total of 26 cards, and I was able to finish 21 cards, so I would say my velocity stands between 15-22 cards. Anyways let's skip all that and dive into the cards that I completed for the sprint.

The first couple of cards that I finished up was the particle effects for the fireball and the icicle. For each I was told to not make them look too realistic and the end result came out pretty well. For the fireball I kind of wish I went back and added a bit of smoke to the fire trail but it's fine since I wasn't supposed to look real. For the icicle, I was pleased with how it came out with the blue and the trails with little snowflakes coming out the back. 









The next card that I finished up was retexturing one of the signs because we were going to have a spot on the level where you would jump so I made a new texture that has a jumping icon which would tell the player to jump when you get to the sign. 







The next card that I did was a desk. One of the first mistakes that I did was making the desk look more like a school desk and that was a mistake on my part, but I guess I will keep that desk for future use. Anyways, for the desk, the description for the card says to make it look like its carved out of a wooden tree which I think fit okay. Without the textures it looks kind of boring, but it turned out a lot better with the textures applied. One thing I did add on my own was the little curvy designs to just make the table pop out a little more when the player looks at it.















Following the table, I made a stool which will also be used as a decoration. For this one, I couldn’t make it look to complex but still had to make it look comfortable to sit on. I think the look of it fits the desk well and also fit the aesthetic of the game. When it came to textures, I just used one of the stylized wood textured and made sure the wood grain was going in the appropriate direction.

















Some of the last couple cards that I did was making small projectiles which would be a thorn and seed projectile. For these the poly count max was very low, so I could make it too detailed, but I still think I managed to create a decent look for both. When it came to the textures, it was nothing special but for the thorn I made two different textures, one red and one green with some veins on it to represent a thorn. For the seed, I just made it look like black seed with a light-colored center to make it look like a seed.











Overall, we are reaching that end point of the semester and I’m really excited to see everything comes out not only for us but for the other groups as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495