Sprint3Blog(495)

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Alchemic Crafter has gone well. Looking back at how I did compared to the first two sprints, I would say I was in the middle in terms of card completion. What I mean by this is that in the first sprint, I lacked on cards due to a problem on a card which held me back for a bit but in the second sprint I was able to catch up. As of now, I’m in a good spot with only 5 cards left but they seem pretty simple. The cards I have left over are 2 particle effects for the fireball and icicle that I have modeled. The other cards are just setting up LODs which is very simple to do. One thing I still need to do is trying to get at least one or two cards done a day. That would make my process go a lot faster but let's focus on the cards that I did finish for the two-week sprint for sprint three.

The first card that I finished was making a particle effect for the portal. For this one the look that was wanted was something that looks like its pulsating. I did have some experience from game asset last semester, so I was able to refer back and make a decent looking portal with the particle effect system. One thing I wish I knew how to do, would be making the particle effect a square shape so it fits the model a bit better, but I think it still turned out okay.








The next card that I did was model a book but with a lot of different textures. For this one I made the book model very simple because there was no need to make it overly complicated for something that will be pretty small, but one thing I did to make it stand out was the different book cover textures. Although, I wouldn’t say different book covers, its actually just different colors and I made it this way to look like it was a book collection series with all the different colors differentiating them.











The next card that I finished up was a model of an icicle. For this one I was given a low poly count, but I still managed to make something that actually looks like it could be an icicle. When it came to the textures, I had to make it look cold and glassy and I think I did well for the look of it.








The next card that I did also have a low poly count and that was fireball. For this one, its nothing special, just a sphere with some textures applied to it to give it that fireball look.






One of the last cards that I finished was a model for an alchemy set which will be a test tube holder with the 5 different tubes which will also have different liquids in them. I didn’t really have any problems modeling but there was one part which was time consuming and that was using the multi cut tool on the holes above so that there wasn’t any Ngon's. One thing I did learn when doing the texturing is that if you want the glass to work well in unity, you have to have a separate material for the glass or else everything will be transparent when you switch from opaque to transparent on the materials. I have to say I’m glad I figured that out sooner than later.










Overall, I would say this sprint went well and once again the rest of the team did very well this sprint and I have high hopes for the outcome of our game.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495