Blog Post 2 (495)

 From a 3D artists perspective, the process of making our Game Alchemist Crafter has gone a lot better compared to the first sprint. Comparing the two, I ended up finishing up double the number of cards that I ended up doing in the first sprint, so for this sprint, I ended up completing about 32 cards which I would say was pretty reasonable for the work I was given. I still think my process of completing the cards will change, in terms of what I do first, second and so on. What I mean by this is instead of doing all the models first, then doing the UVs, then textures, my team has agreed that all modelers complete a set. For example, say I was doing a bridge model, first I would do the model then the UV’s and then textures and after that move on to the next model. Doing it this way would make the process go a lot smoother to actually get work in unity faster, so yeah, that is one of the things that will be changed going into future sprints as a team.

Now I will dive into the cards that I chose and what I completed. The first model that I chose to do was a model from the Streetlight. For this model, the theme had to be something that looked kind of Victorian. It was nothing complex and I just made it look simple with a bit of curves on the top to fit the aesthetic of our game still.















The next model was a wooden upgrade sign. For this my lead and I thought it would be best to have two different designs to have one that will be on the dirt roads and the other to be near the workshop. The way I modeled this; I wanted it to have that kind of cracked wood look onto it. Overall, the end result of the models with the texture and the hammer logo came out good.














The next model that I chose for the sprint was a bookshelf. In terms of the look of the bookshelf, I wanted to give it a bit of curviness which came out looking really nice. Nothing too fancy and realistic looking but it looked like it would fit for what we were shooting for.










Now this next model that I did, I actually had a lot of fun making it. This would be a storage portal and I’m unsure of how this will be used but I was just assigned to model it and I feel like I got the overall look spot on. One thing I wish I knew how to do would be adding like carvings in the stone but maybe I’ll go back and watch some tutorials on how to do that.













The next model that I chose to do was an end table which is going to be used as a decoration in the workshop I believe. For most of the props that my team and I have done have had that curvy look to it, so that’s what I did for this model. I didn’t want to add nothing special for the tabletop but when it came to the table legs, I wanted to add that stylized look to it.















The last model that I took was making a potion bottle which will be one of the props sitting on the bookshelf as a decoration. One thing I forgot to ask about was making the actual books to sit on the shelfs but that shouldn’t be hard to make. Going back the potion bottle, I have a simple look to the potion bottle with a cork, but the inside had to be like a magical liquid, so for this I ended up using emission to give it that glow look. One thing I will be adding is other colors so it's not just one color. That will be the same with the books.













Overall, I would say this sprint went really well. Not only myself but the rest of my team got a lot of work done and they are doing a really good job on staying on track. When looking back at the first sprint, I was a bit hesitant, but I feel a lot better now that I am caught up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495