SprintBlog5(470)

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Stat Master has gone great for the past 5 sprints. My team and I are now just adding some of the last assets and we are just going to polish and fix what we have currently. As of right now our current velocity is about 44 cards a sprint which has been very consistent for the last 4 sprints. For this, I will go over all the cards that I finished up and if I had any problems with it.

For the sprint, I completed a total of 5 different sets of cards which is more than I was used to but I completed everything with no problem. Anyways, I will dive into my first task for the sprint which was a big one to get done.

My first card was actually gathering the animation in Mixamo, the part about finding the animations wasn’t actually bad at all. One thing that did go wrong was actually importing the character into mixamo, at first, I couldn't figure out why I couldn’t import the character into mixamo, but that was because I tried to import the character with the armor on the character which was two different objects. I fixed this by just importing the character by itself and just putting the armor on the character in unity.








When it came to the animations, I chose to make two different enemy controllers. The first one had an idle, walk, run and two attack animations. The second controller just had two animations which consisted of a slow crawl transitioning into a fast crawl animation. It has been a good minute since I touched the player controller in unity, so I did have to watch a video on setting that up, but I had no problems doing so.









The second card that I completed was a chandelier model which was actually pretty fun to make but was kind of annoying to UV since there was a lot of pieces to Unfold. When it came to the texturing, I tried to give it that old rusted look with some paint chipping off. Overall, I’m happy with the end result of it.









The third card that I finished was a shield and sword decoration. I had no problems with this card and the model itself came out great and I am also happy with how the handle of the sword came out. When it comes to texturing, I felt I could have done a little more to it to make it pop out more to the player.










The fourth card I completed was a cluster of bottles which will also be a decoration just lying on the ground. For this, I wanted to make a set of bottles that have different shapes and sizes which also had some corks as well. When it came to the textures, it was nothing special just a glass texture with opacity on it to give it that transparent look of actual glass with some dirt on it.










The last and final card that I did was make a couple banners as another decoration. The model was simple to make and the actual base that holds up the flag came out great as well. I didn’t add any details to the model in maya since I knew I could add those details in painter. For the textures, I ended up doing a cloth texture first and then applied a material that would give it that look of creases and wrinkles to give it that look of a worn banner.











Overall, I would say this is my most successful sprint in terms of work completed for the sprint. I Also want to give a quick shout out to my team who are doing great work. We are getting to the end and what we have now is looking nice and I’m looking forward to polishing our game to make it the best we can.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495