CAGD 470 Blog 4

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Stat Master has gone well so far in the past 4 sprints. My team and I haven’t had any problems so far so that’s a good thing. As of now we are still on track to finish by the last sprint. Anyways, for this post, I will cover what I finished up for the sprint and my plans for next upcoming sprints.

For the sprint, I completed a total of 4 different sets of cards which includes the Models, Uv’s and textures.

The first card that I finished up was doing the textures for the enemy model. When it comes to doing textures for models, I have no problem but for characters that's a whole different story. It was very tough to find textures that would look good for the enemy. First, I tried doing some human skin texture, but it looked very bad. I did happen to stumble upon some weird looking fire texture, and it actually didn’t look too bad, so it stuck with it. For the face I did use some stamps to add some height for the eyes and mouth. Another thing I did was add emission to the eyes and mouth to give it that glow effect which will hopefully look pretty cool in game. 






The second card that I finished up was the armor for the enemy to not make it look naked, but this will also be used to differentiate the enemy's strength in game. For the helmet, I wanted to make it look like a roman helmet minus that mohawk thing on top and I’m pretty happy with how it came out. For the armor I just tried to make it look like basic chest armor and I loved the end result of the look. One thing I would do differently when making this is modeling the armor around the enemy beforehand because I did have to tweak the waist of the armor to fit the enemy. The Uvs and textures we’re fairly easy as well and I had no problems with them.



Next, I modeled and Uved the floor. The look my team and I wanted was a floor that looked stone. I didn’t try to make it look to special in terms of looks because I know the textures would make it look a lot better than it actually was. When it came to the textures, I did want to add a red blood finish on the last red floor which did have some emission and I did that to give it that blood trail look when walking over those floors.













Lastly, I modeled, Uved and textured the ceiling. Just like the floors, I didn’t want to do too much since the players focus isn’t going to be on the floors and ceiling, plus it will be kind of dark so the ceiling may not be too visible, however we do plan to add chandeliers so it will have some lighting. One idea I did add for the ceiling was adding a small design in the middle. For the textures, I had to make a total of different ones which included regular gray, blue and red.

















Moving onto sprint 5, I have a lot more work assigned for the sprint to finish up and I’m really excited to see the outcome of our game. 

Overall, I think our progress for this sprint could have been better, but we had a small week break and I have to admit, I felt really lazy coming out of that break. I think if we stay consistent to how much work we have been doing, our game will turn out great.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495