CAGD 470 Blog 3

 From a modeler's perspective, the process of making stat master has gone well so far. My team and I have had no problems yet or any that I’m aware of and we are doing pretty good as a team when it comes to the number of cards were getting done. As of now and our current velocity, we are on track to finish up by sprint 7 to hopefully have a fully polished game to have others try out. For this sprint, I completed a few different models, and I will go over that here.

For the sprint I completed a total of 3 different sets of cards which included the Models, UV’s and textures.

The first card that I finished up was making a wall and getting that ready for our upcoming playtest. For the look of the wall, we wanted it to fit sort of a dungeon theme looks, so that is what did to achieve that look. For the actual look of the wall, I placed some of the stone blocks to stick out and some that were sticking in that way it's not just a straight boring wall. When it came to the textures, we planned on having 3 different colors to differentiate the levels and those colors are a regular gray, blue and red wall.























The second card that I did have to follow the same look of the wall and that is how I ended up modeling the door. For the look of this, I ended up making an arched doorway with a nice-looking design for the arch. One thing I had to change is making sure the width was the same length of the wall so that everything matched accordingly when placing the walls around it. Just like the wall, I made 3 different textures which were gray, blue and red. One thing I had to make sure to do was getting the same color variants to match the wall to make sure I’m not having two different blues, etc. 























The last card that I finished up was getting the model of the first enemy finished. I feel like the overall look of the character looks okay. I wasn't able to model the hands because I wasn’t really sure how to approach that since I have never done character modeling before. I also have the UV’s done for the model already and it came out pretty well for unfolding a full-on character. The next thing that I will have to work on is getting the character textured which I have to do some looking around to see how I can do that. I do have some ideas for the texture which consist of zombie textures or just some skin textures but that's one thing I will be doing first in sprint 4.






















For sprint 4 I have a total of 4 different sets of cards to finish up. The first one that I will be doing after texturing the character is modeling the floor to fit the look of the door and wall which are already modeled. The other cards consist of the ceiling and then armor for the enemy models to help the player differentiate which is stronger or not. 

If possible, I would like to finish up a bit early so I can try to get ahead on some of the other props to speed up our process so I can try to get some other characters modeled.

Something I may try to do is do a 3D scan for one of the enemy models but take that high poly scan into maya and use the quad draw tool and make a low poly version of it so it's not hundreds of thousands of faces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495