CAGD 470 Blog 2

From a modeler's perspective, the process of making Stat Master has gone great so far. First thing I will dive into is if my team and I have had any problems and how we fixed it. I believe our process has gone smooth. We as a team have done good on the number of cards we’re getting done but I know we can do more. I think as of now, we are on track to get our cards done by sprint 7 and we hope to have well-polished game by then.

For sprint kickoff, I was assigned a total of three cards, two being syringes for the player to use and then a character model for the ghoul which will be one of the enemies. I think in the next sprint, I would like to get another model done. First, I will dive into the character model.

Going back to one of the issues I presented in my last blog post, I talked about character modeling which is something I have never done before. I have modeled a skull but that was pretty simple. Trying to do a head is something but getting the shape of the body was something else. Overall, I think I got the shape of it, but I think I just need to make it a bit rounder on the edges. The image below is my progress of the model and the last thing I have to do is to get the hands arms, hand and feet which shouldn’t be too tough hopefully. I think my only issue with the character model will be texturing.















The next card that I did was a model for a syringe which will be called the Stat Syringe which will be used to take the stats from monsters when you eliminate them. In terms of looks, I was given a reference by my designer Aidan. I was able to get the look very similar to the reference, and I thought it came out very well. I was able to add a little decal on it and also added some wear and tear on it to give it that look that would maybe fit the aesthetic of our game. 
























The next card that I was able to finish was another syringe, but this one was going to be use as a health syringe to of course give health to the player. For the looks, I went of another reference, for this one I did change the shape up from the original reference, but I did keep the look of it the same. One thing that was tough for me was making a hole where the glass would go so there wasn’t any n gons, but I made it work. 




















One thing that I am for sure doing better at is the actual texturing. I don’t think I have ever used opacity in painter to make things look transparent, so that was pretty cool to learn. As I mentioned before, I can definitely do more work, so maybe another prop or two but overall, I still think this was a good sprint for us as a team. 

My goal for the next sprint is to have the enemy model finished and rigged to animate. Another thing is to have walls modeled and textured so we could have them placed. These are actually what I have to do in Sprint 3. 

What I’m doing currently is the enemy model and what I have planned next is to get the door modeled, Uved and textured. Following that I will do the walls. If I do finish early, I will ask my producer to maybe take on another prop for the map.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495