370BlogPost 1

The question that was asked is From a designer,programmer, and modeler perspective, write in detail how the process of making a prototype has gone to date

As a designer,programmer, and modeler, I have had the opportunity to create numerous prototypes over the years. While each of my prototypes have been different they have all followed the same pattern which consisted of a rule sheet and a way to test mechanics. Another thing I forgot to mention was to also test to see if your game is playableand fun.



The last time I made prototypes was in CAGD 170 so it was nice to get some refreshers when making prototypes. I feel in this process it's a lot different because this time we have sprints as a team meaning we have different tasks assigned each sprint for each team member. I feel this process makes everything a lot more organized and just allows your team to know what to expect for that sprint.

There are many issues that can be encountered when making a prototype. One of the first that many and myself have encountered is limited interactivity. One of the ways that I can think of when encountering limited interactivity is the lack of features that a digital prototype can provide in which a paper prototype can’t. If your testing a computer game there is no way to test certain features like mechanics but one way a paper prototype helps is being able to make something quick which is why a paper prototype is very important.

For our first sprint kickoff we had a total of 12 sprints assigned for the first sprint. Many of these tasks assigned consisted of programming, designing and even making a paper prototype. There were a total of 9 user stories moved to verify and 0 that are currently in verify. So in total there were 9 user stories moved to complete and 3 user stories were left untouched. I think the whole reason why there were 3 left over was because of just the amount of work we were capable of for the 2 weeks. 

I had a total of 3 tasks assigned and all three were finished. The first task was to create a rule sheet which consisted of the objective, movement mechanics, types of monsters. It also talked about how keys are used. The second task that I finished was the enemy follow script and that just made it so the enemy will constantly follow the player but one of the things I will change later on is to make the enemy follow faster but that should be an easy change to it. 



The last and final task that I have finished is the keys and door script which allows the player to pick up a certain amount of keys. This is pretty much just a refresher from CAGD 180 and it was nice to know what to do from past experience from that class. One of the wishes that I will probably change is to have an animation to the door to actually make it open rather than just making the door disappear. The reason I want to give it that animation is because I feel it will make the player feel like they're sneaking around walking through doors.



There was no work that I did not complete but I know I should’ve got one more task just to try to get a little more ahead but that will have to be moved to the next 2 sprints. One of the main things I got from doing this first sprint is that as a team we know what we're capable of doing and that should help us on the upcoming sprints.

                 





































 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495