Sprint6Blog(470)

 From a modeler's perspective, I have had lots of fun making most of the assets in our game. Throughout all the sprints, I feel like I haven’t had any issues, and it has gone smooth. My team and I are now just fixing any bugs and are working on the finishing touches for our game. If I’m not mistaken, our velocity keeps going up and that has been awesome to see. Anyways, I will go over what I completed for the sprint and what I plan on doing next for the final sprint.

For the sprint, I completed a total of 4 different sets of cards, and I will start with the first. The first card that I tackled was making a throne decoration for the game. Something we plan on doing is taking the enemy model and making it stone to act as if there is a stone statue sitting in the throne, but it won’t be attacking the player of course. I would have to say this is probably one of the better-looking models I’ve made for our game and the stamps make it look a lot better. Overall, I’m very happy with the end result.












The second model that I completed was a cave entrance. This was a bit tricky at first, because I was wondering how I was going to start. I make this pretty simple, so first I got a cube and add lots of subdivisions to it and then curved and stretched it out to get the shape of the cave. Next, I used the sculpt tool to get the desired look of the cave. After doing that I used a tool called Difference or something like that which makes it so you can create holes in models which is how I got that open cave entrance look.











The next model that I completed was a wall which were supposed to be stakes. It was nothing complicated, but I just had to make them different heights, so it doesn’t just look like it's the same all around. For the texture, I just used an ordinary word texture which surprisingly looked pretty good in the end.







The last model that I tackled was a set of rocks and boulders. Similar to the cave, I got a preset and just added subdivisions. From There I added some twists to it and then just used the sculpt tool to give it that rock shape look. I’m not great at doing organic models but rocks were pretty cool to make.










Something I plan on doing in the next sprint is creating our poster for the game. I’m not the best and making that kind of art but I’ll see how I do. I may just try to make it simple but nice to look at for the least. Another thing that I’ll do is model some plates, just to use and extra decorations to set on tables since we already have glass bottles around the map.

In terms of the poster, I have a general idea of how the poster may look. I’m kind of bad at explaining things, but I want to have the throne model I made in the center with a stone model of the enemy sitting in it. In front of the throne with 3 on each side, I want to have the enemy models in a praising animation stance with the main enemy running at you in the direct center.

Overall, I’m happy with how our game is coming out and I’m excited to see it without any bugs, hopefully.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495