3D game Level1V2 feedback

 In this playtest I had James and Pao playtest my game. First, I’ll start by adding some of the comments they gave me about my levels. They did say it went smooth playing through it but did say it could be longer which I agree with them about that. I was satisfied with how it came out but just wanted it to be a tad longer with more challenges. In total I had 3 different acid spots on the level which provided a decent amount of challenge for the player, but not too hard where they get annoyed. 

When it comes to what went right, the player was able to successfully finish the level without any major problems. The main thing that went wrong was the acid trap. The thing that happened was that the barrier for the acid trap was a bit too high so if the player got too close without actually touching the acid, they would die so that is one thing I will look into when designing the level 2 version of my level. The way I will improve my level is by actually making sure the acid is where it is supposed to be without causing problems to the player.

I feel the overall flow of the game went smoothly but some of the problems could have been avoided. I would say yes it was obvious where the players were supposed to go as there weren’t any dead ends, but after thinking about it, dead ends might have been a good idea to place some buttons along with some enemies or traps.

I believe this is the last version of level 1 so when it comes to level 2, I would like to maybe use the horseshoe design like mentioned in that article we read about this week. I will provide an image below of how the horseshoe design will be. 













One of the things I want to adjust in my game is where I want to place my enemies because as of right now I have them placed in random locations so I would like to place them in spots where it would actually make sense. The idea I had about that was to place them in areas that were in a long hallway which led to a button to open a door. I saw that when I was playing some other students' levels and thought that it was a good idea. Going back to my issues, one of the other ones I missed was the stairs having a weird problem. The problem was that I wasn’t able to walk up the stairs. I have a feeling it is because I either made them too steep or the steps were just too large but that's an easy fix.

When it comes to the length of my map, I feel I could have made it a bit longer, but I didn’t want to make areas of the map too repetitive. I don’t know if that makes sense but to sum it up, I just didn’t want any of the areas on the level to feel the same as other parts of the map the whole way through and that is the reason I made it fairly short but long enough to give the player a chance to learn how to play the game if it was their first time playing. I believe I had a total of 4 different major rooms which had some different things in each, but I will for sure add more to each of the rooms when making the level 2 portion of this map for the next assignment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495