Mega Man V2 Feedback

 I had Jax, Iziahiah, and James playtest my level. First starting off with what went right. I believe being able to produce a successful level with working keys and doors along with other small features added to the game like more platform challenges was a step in the right direction. The next question is what went wrong. I believe the main thing that went wrong was not being able to make a level that was a total of 10 minutes. It was longer of course compared to my previous level though, so that was a plus. For me I think the main thing I’ll do to improve my level is just to give myself more time to make the level so I can actually make it close to 10 minutes. I was able to make it between 4 to 7 minutes depending on how well or how poorly the player went through the level.

Considering this is still supposed to be a tutorial level I believe the challenges presented to the player were appropriate to the skill level of the player. For this being a tutorial level some of the challenges consisted of parkour like skill checks and areas that you need to explore in order to get the keys for the doors

When it comes to the critical path it was very obvious where to go. There were a couple dead ends but it did offer the player some extra health if needed. I believe the overall flow of the level was smooth. Going back to the critical path it was obvious where the player was supposed to go. 

Going back to my previous playtest about it being fun. The first playtest was very basic and boring as it didn’t really have much to achieve or earn. However, for this one each of the play testers that played my level stated that they actually had fun playing my level. One of the main things they enjoyed about my level was some parkour you had to do to get the keys. 












One particular area on my map that the students seemed to enjoy was the part in the end to retrieve the 3 keys for a green door that had a blue key to open the last blue door to beat the level

The most frustrating part of my map was the certain part where you had to time your jumps. The reason I say it was frustrating was because you had to pretty much be on the edge of the block to make the jump or else you would hit your head and fall to the bottom again. So that is one thing I will be sure to change in the next map design for this upcoming week. One main thing that needs to change which I had addressed in my previous feedback assignment was not using the same platform challenges throughout the whole map. I just need to be more original when it comes to new challenges brought to the player. One game that I am familiar with is Super Mario Bros, so maybe I’ll look at that for some more inspiration when it comes to challenges. Overall, I did add plenty of new things to make this map a bit more challenging but fun to the player. Like I mentioned, one thing I want to do when making game levels is make it more original with the challenges and passageways that lead either to a dead end. Basically, when it comes to the new level that we’ll be making I would like to make it a bit different from others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495