Post 6

  •  Group 6- The Trio

  • Game Summary:

    • If you have ever tried the game Splatoon and you are just a math nerd or just someone who wants to learn math then this is the game for you. Our game is meant to be for ages 6 and up however any age is welcome to play as long as you are able to do some simple math. Really the point of our game is to fill up as much area as possible using simple math and drawing boxes to fill the appropriate space from your rolls.

  • Target Audience:

    • The appropriate player type for our game is The Competitor. The reason I say that about this game is because a player may just want to beat you in any game in this one. Towards the end it gets really hectic and you just really hope you have more space filled.

    • The player interaction pattern is player vs player.

    • I feel our game will appeal to the target audience because if a child wants to learn some math with some of their friends this can be the game although it only goes up to 6 times 6 for the times tables.

  • Some of the problems with our design process:

    • The first problem with our design process was actually thinking of an idea for our final game. It was a bit confusing because we were just throwing ideas out there but you could say that it's just a process to find the right idea by spitting out the bad ones.

    • One of the second problems was lack of communication with each other but I feel like that will happen once in a while and that’s okay. I feel you just need to work around that to fix the problems. 

    • I think the last problem with our design process is lack of planning which I think ties in with the communication. I think if we put a tad bit more effort into our weekly planning with these assignments, it may have gone a lot smoother than it did, but that's okay because in the end we put out a game that students seemed to figure out and were able to play.

  • Task Completion within the Group:

    • When it comes to task completion and who did what, I would have liked everyone to have an equal amount of work. I do get others have a lot more work in other classes and that is totally understandable so having to put in a little more work was no problem for me.

  • Solutions to any task completion issues in regard to Gameplay as well as management in the group:

    • I think some solutions to being successful in a group is getting to know how each group member works and work off that. I think we should learn that everyone has a different method of working and learning.

    • I think once we have decided on who is doing what task, it's vital that we arrange an regular time to review our progress with each other and make sure we don’t have any problems

    • The last and final solution to a successful group is being able to brainstorm ideas and tasks for the group and to just make sure everyone agrees on what direction the group is following.

  • What I would change about my development process going forward.

    • Personally, I have 2 ways that I think I would change my development process.

      • The first one is that I should reflect at the end of each day and just recap of what I did and think to myself if there was anything else I could have added

      • The last way would be to not think to hard about things because I tend to do that a lot and it takes longer 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495