Game Scene Final Project Post

Powerpoint Link

Final Week Progress Post (Wednesday, May 17th)




 

















This being the final week I am now finished and everything including the models and textures are imported into unity and the game scene is now finished. 

Description of my Scene:

My scene is a choice of two buildings which I chose from the Game Forge of Empires. I feel the story of my scene is meant to be some type of medieval type of look. When it comes to the name I wanted it to be called the Abandoned Realm just because of the look I gave it. 


Week 3 Progress Post (Wednesday, May 11th)

As of Sunday, March 8th I have pretty much everything modeled and partially Uv'd.

Currently below is what I have at the moment. I plan to model 1 to 2 more props but nothing to complex. When it comes to props, I have a cannon along with a axe in a table. I plan to add a water fountain as my center piece which will be placed in front of the table shown below. I will make the water fountain using the cv curve tool which should make it very easy to make.














When it comes to grouping I have both of my buildings along with my props in a group separately then I got all the separate groups and group all 3 of those together. (Picture below)




I plan to texture on Tuesday of this week and be finished with this by Friday the latest.

Week 2 Progress Post (Wednesday May 4th)

So far, I haven't had any problems with this assignment. I would say one of the problems I will have is finding the appropriate textures that fit my scene. I don't have any new references for this project, so I just plan to stick with examples 3 and 4 which is shown in my week 1 progress post.

Below is the building I have finished modeling and almost all the Uv's are finished for this one









After doing UVs I will start to model the 2nd building below. When it comes to time management I plan to take each the building and Uv's one step at at time so I don't over work myself. I plan to have this done by at least Tuesday of next week that way I can begin doing my ID's and begin texturing.


Week 1 progress post (Wednesday, April 27th)

For the final project I will be choosing a game scene from Forge of Empires. I will choose two buildings from below and model them using modular pieces.

 I plan to do examples 3 and 4 to make the two buildings for my game scene. When it comes to props, I will most likely try to model the canon and find another prop to model that fits the scene well.

Task/Asset List:

For my asset list I plan to model the canon like I mentioned but also a water fountain as the center piece and an axe in a table so nothing to complex but something to bring the game scene to life. 

So Far I don't have any modeling progress but I plan to start and finish the first building this week. I will most likely choose to do the building 4 example first then focus on the next one after.

Plans for the Upcoming week:

I plan to be done modeling the first building and UVing by next week and then start on the next one soon after.


Example 1


Example 2














Example 3







Example 4















ePortfolio1 Assignment:
  • Trashcan Assignment


  • Props Assignment

  • Chessboard

  • Modular Firehouse Assignment

During the course of this class, we have had 6 assignments including the Primitives and Room assignment which are not included in this post. The first assignment in this post is the Trashcan Model. For this assignment our job was to create gather some references and model a Trashcan in Maya. The next assignment is the Props assignment and for this one there is a total of 5 different props used. The props include a potion bottle, drinking cup, lantern, bucket, and flour sack. The third assignment is the chessboard above. The focus on this assignment was gathering a reasonable reference of chess pieces and use appropriate techniques skills to create the chess pieces and the board along with texturing. For the Modular Firehouse, it consisted of making modular pieces to make an object or prop. In this case it was a firehouse from Ghostbusters.

Throughout the Semester, the software we used as a class was Maya, Substance Painter, and just now with this previous assignment, Unity. When it comes to challenges, I would say it was learning how to import outside textures into painter and learning how to apply them correctly to my models but there was videos that helped with that so it really wasn't a problem any more. Previously on past semesters I struggled with Time Management but I feel I actually approached it well this semester and was on Time for all my assignments.

One particular tool I found interesting to learn is the curve tools and I think it would be useful to learn these better.

One Project That I was satisfied with was the Room Assignment





One Project that I feel could have used some more work was the Modular Assignment

Wireframe Models:





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495