Postmortem Unit 2

 4/7/2022

Group 1

Marshmallow Warfare


Game Summary:

For our game, my partner and I are to make a game using a specific genre and theme. The genre given to us is fighting and the theme was marshmallows. Somehow we have to make this for a specific age range which is six to twelve year olds. Our idea will be a runoff of the battleship game  but with some added rules and abilities in our game and of course using marshmallows as the replacement of the ships.

Target Audience:

When it comes to our target audience, the player interaction pattern is meant to be player vs player or possibly a team competition if you want to have a team of 2 but the recommended play type is player vs player.

                                                   


The type of player that best fits our game is The competitor. According to Chapter 4: The Competitor plays to best other players regardless of the game. Although this game takes more luck than skill, you still need a good strategy to not only know where you want to place your marshmallows, but also where you want to hit your opponents. It’s also possible for the type of player to be The Joker because this can be a game to just have fun with your friends rather than making it competitive.

Design Process Issues:

There were quite a few issues with our process. The first was coming up with an idea for a game that seemed fun for 6-12 year old's. It was actually very difficult to find an idea that used a combination of fighting and marshmallows. After actually thinking of an idea to use we sort of just went on from there.

Another issue within our process was our communication with each other. When doing our assignments, we had trouble communicating with each other and usually just did the assignments over the weekend. I don’t work right now but my partner has a job throughout most of the week so it was very tough to get work done but we did get the work done.

Task Completion within the group:

For this group project I would have liked to have an equal amount of task completion but that is okay. For myself I did not mind due to the fact of how much free time I have because of only having class and not work. It was kind of tuff for my partner because of his new work schedule conflicting with his school work which did result in less participation, but like I mentioned it’s not a big deal because I actually enjoyed being busy and not bored.

Solutions to Issues regarding task completion:

There are a few solutions that can maybe help us. The first would definitely be Time management because learning to better manage time would help us not wait till the weekend to start or finish an assignment. I would say this is not only important in this class but any other CAGD class because these classes definitely require a lot of time and effort and can kick you in the back if you wait to start an assignment. Another solution to this can be trying to work around a work schedule because having class and work during the week can be hectic because you don’t know what kind of workload you will be given throughout the week. When I was still working at a restaurant, I had to limit the days I worked to allow myself enough time for classwork, so it’s important to communicate with your work as well if it’s too much

What I would change to my own development process:

One of the main things I would change to my own development process is putting more time and effort into better ideas, so pretty much better brainstorming.

.




                                                    








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495