CAGD 170- Postmortem

 2/27/2022

Group 7 

Postmortem and Rule Sheet 1

Game Summary:

For our solitaire game it almost has the same rules of the original game but the layout is very much different. For our game setup, there will be a total of 5 rows with a similar pattern for the rows. It starts off with 3 piles of 1 card in the first bottom pile and so on in the example below. I would also like to note there will always be a stock, waste and foundations pile.

Target Audience:

Our intended target audience is meant to be a craftsman type of player. According to Chapter 4: working with dramatic elements, the craftsman is someone who wants to build, craft, engineer, or puzzle things out. In this case it would be to puzzle things out. My reasoning behind this is that the whole goal of the game is to strategically stack the cards of each suit in descending order, so I would say that it's a puzzle type of game because you need to be able to think of which card goes where. It is also possible for the type of player to be the achiever since this is a game to play to win and set better scores.

When it comes to player interaction patterns it's obvious that it would be single player versus game. It's definitely possible for it two be a two player versus the game since it's not against the rules but it's not ideal. 


One of the questions asked is how will our game appeal to our target audience. I believe our game will definitely give a sort of challenge but won't be too easy where they don't want to play something that doesn't catch their attention.

Design Process Issues:

There were a few issues with our whole process. The first would be experience. Since solitaire was a game that I wasn’t familiar with it was tough to put in an equal amount of work as my partner which I’m happy he knew more about it then I did. I was able to catch up and understand the game more and was able to help out with some of the written assignments but I wish I was able to help out more with the ideas.

Another main issue from our previous assignments is procrastination. I cannot lie ,I procrastinate most of the time and I do need to fix it. I myself have lots of homework during the week so I usually push this class to the last minute which I should learn to use my time more wisely and create a better schedule to do assignments.

Task Completion within the group:

I believe some of the tasks done well in our whole process would be communication with each other. Rather than some old groups that I have been in we did well to make sure who was doing what and asked for help if needed. We did try our best to share the work equally, but it didn’t help that I had a lack of experience.

Off the top of my head I don’t think there are any solutions to task completion besides communication.

What I would change to our development process:

I feel in order to improve our whole development process, I think more live playtesting would help. Reason I say this is because I feel getting feedback actually in person helps pinpoint where the actual issue of the game is rather than getting feedback online and not knowing the exact spot the play tester is talking about, but in the end some feedback is better than no feedback at all.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GameProgressFinalPost

CAGD495